Friday, November 30, 2012

What Will it Bee?

The day finally arrived, the day of our Gender Reveal Baby Shower!! That morning, I woke up with a huge smile on my face knowing that in just a few hours I would know if we were having a little girl or boy. I was told to leave the house.  So my BFF, Stephanie, her daughter Harper, and I went to the mall for shopping and lunch.  The Mueller boys played what they called golf, but then realized they were playing pee-wee golf in comparison to the almost pro, P. Kief. Upon driving up to the house, we saw this.


I knew what awaited for me on the inside would be have me speechless.

We are so fortunate to have such an amazing family!  My brother-in-law married an amazing woman! Lauren, was amazing and organized a gender reveal baby shower for us. Being long distance from family and friends isn't easy.  Therefore, we wanted to do something special with this pregnancy with our family.  We missed the opportunity to see the faces of everyone when we announced that we were pregnant.  Therefore, it seemed perfect to all be together to react upon hearing the news of either a girl or boy. The decoration on the inside indeed left me speechless.  Lauren and my incredible mother had been getting together for a couple weeks creating perfect Pinterest like decor! So, "What Will it Bee?"

I secretly really wanted one to put in the baby's room.

 Upon arrival guest got to wear either a bow or bow tie to show their prediction.  Almost everyone was wearing a bow tie!
Guest were given the opportunity to give us their baby advice.

Girl or boy, I was getting butterflies in my stomach!


 Our candy bar with yellow and black candy.


My mom made us a diaper cake.  Holy cow...I couldn't believe how great it looked!!! The best part was I was able to bring it back to Colorado.

 How cute is this?  In true Mexican fashion, we decided to break a piñata to find out if we were having a boy or girl.  Blue candy for boy and pink candy for girl.

 Our cupcake toppers.

 Some got a little creative with their hair bows.

My favorite little sister!

Finally, the moment had come!  I had to admit I was so nervous!! Brian, he just drank a lot of beer.
I would post video but many of the videos were of grass or roof due to screaming because once it was busted....

PINK CANDY!!! WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!!!!!

People screamed, jaws dropped, and everyone was in total shock!  If we had been in Vegas, people would have lost a lot of money.  Both coming from the majority of boys in the families, the chances of a girl seemed slim. Brian's face was priceless!

Upon hearing the news of a girl, the boys decided it was only appropriate to chug beer. But since this was a baby shower, it had to be done with a baby bottle!



Another game, guest had to guess how much TP it would take to wrap around BOTH of us.  I didn't want to see how big I was, both of us seemed better.

Someone had to fill the piñata, therefore we had our first girl outfit and hair bow! I have to admit, I got a little choked up opening up gifts and seeing baby clothes.

Our Facebook announcement to tell the "world" we were having a girl!!! It was a great party and we could not have asked for anything better!

The next day, my mom and I went on a little shopping spree for little girl clothes!!! Then we found a frozen yogurt place that had...MANGOS!!!! I was in heaven.


This was defiantly a memorable Texas Trip!  To be honest, I still can't believe we are having a girl. Upon landing in Colorado on our way home I discovered something new with this pregnancy, swelling!! My poor little feet.



We had some fun with this week's chalkboard!






How far along? 24 weeks, 4 days
Maternity Clothes? for sure 
Stretch Marks? No
Sleep: Much better now, I love my bed!
Best Moment this Week: Knowing it's a girl!
Miss Anything? Wine
Movement: all day
Cravings: still fruit
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: GIRL!!! 
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? wedding band only
Happy or Moody most of the time: Very happy!
Looking forward to: Next doctor's visit, I love hearing the heartbeat! 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST!!!! I love your party, I love how you found out AND I love that you're having a girl. I was just smiling the whole entire time I read this, ear to ear. Congrats to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prima, Estoy muy feliz por la noticia, solo de imaginarme que tu niña y las mías sean como nosotras me dan ganas de llorar, prometo visitarlos mucho para que las niñas se lleven bien y mandamela en verano para que practique el español... Que emoción !!! Besos... Love you.

    ReplyDelete