Friday, November 30, 2012

Deep in the Heart of Texas

There's nothing like coming back home to Texas. Before leaving, Brian enjoyed an incline hike with some coworkers. I decided to pass since I get winded going from the basement to our bedroom. Step class and zumba are my workouts.

I enjoyed my Saturday getting my hair done. I had heard that your hair is gorgeous while you are pregnant.  This hasn't been the case for me. Therefore, getting my hair done made me feel like a new woman.  I was ready for Texas!

What is Texas known for, well, BBQ of course.  Brian and I decided to take a little road trip to Driftwood, Texas for the best BBQ I have ever had. I think I would have wanted to do this even if I wasn't pregnant.  Thanks to the pregnancy my idea didn't seem too crazy to want to drive two hours away for dinner. I have a such a great family that decided to join for our ridiculous adventure.
See you later Saltlick! I hope to be back soon!!

Thanksgiving soon arrived, although I was more excited about our shower than Thanksgiving. First we had to pack.  In Texas what do you need? Boots, check! Guns, check!

Next, was a stop at
It's funny how a gas station can make you feel right at home.  Yes, the 82 bathroom stalls is impressive but the variety of shopping made me want to stop and look.  I found an A&M onesie. Our baby will be ready for next year's football season!
Our next stop was La Grange for Thanksgiving. Surprisingly, I didn't go too crazy during dinner. I enjoyed visiting with all the Muellers.  There's a lot of them.  Since I didn't have my chalkboard, we still took at picture for 23 weeks. My bump and everything else is really coming along!
What's it like to hang out the Muellers?  Our dear friend Matt recently posted this to our fantasy football page. If not in La Grange, Mueller gatherings are also found at the lake.  This a great summary...

The Mueller family ski boat 
The boat may not look like much, but the passengers and drivers are liable to do the unexpected. If you go against them, be prepared to have the wakeboarder they're towing behind them pull an inverted-helicopter jump off a ramp and then land in your boat with a potato-gun they built themselves and wheel around your cabin in a unicycle. Daring. Unpredictable. Possibly dangerous. Always entertaining. The Mueller Family. 
What's more, they keep breeding.




How far along? 23 weeks, 4 days
Maternity Clothes? Yes 
Stretch Marks? No, let's hope this continues
Sleep: Ok, I missed my snoogle!
Best Moment this Week: Seeing my family and friends!!! I miss Texas
Miss Anything? Sleeping through the night
Movement: felt my first outside kick, wahoo!
Cravings: still want those mangos 
Anything making you queasy or sick: landing from an airplane
Have you started to show yet: Yes
Gender: coming soon!  
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? only one left on, my wedding band. After a little bit of struggle they finally came off and my hands had ring marks for about a day.  
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: the gender reveal shower, counting down the days, minutes, and seconds!!  

1 comment: