Saturday, February 16, 2013

Love is in the air

First off, let's begin with a nice round of applause to Brian for writing such a great blog.  I posted the pictures and wrote headings for things I wanted him to discuss.  I had zero input, and it was hilarious!! I think Maui and Brian need to write a book about the first year with a baby, it would be...legendary! 

Some topics to discuss for clarification.

Maternity pictures
Brian and I had a studio session of maternity pictures. To be honest, I didn't think I would enjoy this since I don't exactly feel or think I look my best.  They ended up turning out amazing!! It was fun to have professional photos taken of us.  We haven't done that since our wedding.  I'll hopefully share a few of the pictures soon.

Baby Shower
It cracked me up how Brian had no clue what was going on.
A friend, wife of Brian's coworker, is throwing me a baby shower next week.  A small intimate party since I don't know too many people here.  I'm really excited.  Just from looking at the beautiful invitations I know it's going to be awesome! My school is also throwing me a baby shower next week, wahoo for parties!

Update on Brian's back pain, much better. Yes, I say it was totally sympathy pain! :)

These past two weeks have been busy.  Mainly visiting medical offices.
I had a consultation for a pediatrician. I really liked the staff and we officially have our pediatrician.  People were surprised I was so far along.  Apparently, I should have done with a couple weeks ago, oops!

Next, the orthopedic visit for my hand.  My hand was getting pretty bad, I couldn't do very much and it was very frustrating. I ended up getting a cortisone steroid injection. My hand still has a tingling feeling but I now I have no pain.  It's great to able to use my hands again!

We have all our certificates from childbirth, infant CPR/first aid, and breastfeeding.  So this means we are are ready and know exactly what to do...riiiiight!  I will say the classes were helpful and we feel better prepared. I'm glad Brian was with me.  I'll discuss a certain pain/feeling/procedure and he responds with giving me the medical term and explanation. What a great student!

Last weekend we were CraftyMcCrafterson and made some Pinterest projects.  First Brian decided to make a growth chart ruler.  The coolest thing about this is that if we move we can take it with us!

 Finished product will be coming soon!

Then I made this quote.

I had seen just the words painted on board.  I'm better at the computer stuff so I typed it, got some clipart, and sent it to Office Max to get printed.  They messed up the order and only charged me 79 cents, what a deal!!

The nursery is pretty much all set!

Most clothes and blankets are washed and hospital bags are just about packed!



And what better way to finish your craft projects than by...brewing your own beer!  Our friends, Jacob and Sara were hanging out with us and decided to brew some beer. It's actually a really neat process, he must have paid attention during chemistry class.
Should be ready by St. Patrick's Day.  So what will be ready first, beer or baby?

We're basically on the home stretch and trying to relax and do things we won't be able to do as easily.
 
 Brian is taking advantage of his free time and enjoying the beauty of the Colorado skiing in Copper Mountain. I miss boarding!!

We are enjoying the ability to go out with ease, impromptu bowling night with friends, yes please!
 Everybody seems to be enjoying their DD, oh just you wait friends, just you wait!!

Recently the Hurricane has hit our house!  No, not hurricane Maui, but Hurricane J.Mueller came and will hopefully be gone.  For the past couple days Brian has come home to destruction caused by ME! Added books to the shelf in the baby's room, boom...overloaded and the shelf came crashing down. While playing fetch with Maui, I somehow got her Frisbee stuck on the outside light and broke the light. Our Aggie wall mount for our coats, well I put my purse on it and it collapsed. I tried to close off the doggie door and rather that putting the stopper  on the outside so she couldn't come inside, I did it backwards and Maui came charging in and broke the doggie door.

 I tried my best to screw it back on, but I somehow lost a screw.
Maybe I'll just go back to napping all day!

Now to the big news.  I had my 35 week appointment on Valentine's day! Well our little daughter is showing her love by being stubborn.  My mom says she sounds like me already! Hehe

  During my last appointment the doctor checked for dilation, I'm pretty closed up.  Tried to feel for a head and when nothing was found, she did a sonogram.  The results were that our little girl has her feet down.  At the this point she needs to be head down.  Next Monday, we have an appointment with the doctor where we'll check a sonogram for her position.  If she is still feet down, then we will try an ECV (external cephalic version).  It's a procedure for changing a baby's position in the uterus.  It will be done in labor and delivery in case an emergency cesarean needs to be done if it becomes necessary.  I will lie on my back and the doctor will place her hands on my stomach and find the baby's head.  Then she'll gently press on the abdomen to push the baby into the head first position.  There is a 50% chance this will work.  If it doesn't and I don't go into labor we'll schedule for a c-section at 39 weeks.

For now, I am praying that she decides to flip on her own.  One thing I'm trying is to be down on all fours with my butt in the air, hoping gravity will take over and have her flip.  If it doesn't work we'll do the CVE.  The only real risk is having to deliver at 37 weeks.  If not, looks like I'll be delivering by c-section, which was wasn't my number one choice, but whatever makes our baby come out healthy, I'm happy with.

On a side note, during the sonogram the doctor informed me that our little girl has a nice amount of hair on her head. She said, "See that little halo around her head, all hair!" They say that bad heartburn is related to your baby having a lot of hair, well that explains it!  So far, just like her mom with a lot of hair!  Can't wait to meet our little girl!!!!


How far along? 35 weeks, 7 days (My face melted...oh no!)

Maternity Clothes? Yes, and starting to get a little snug in the belly area! 
Stretch Marks? Just on the hips, belly is clear!
Sleep: wonderful if I wasn't having to pee and turning back and forth trying to get comfy
Best Moment this Week: getting flowers from Brian for v-day & finding out our girl has hair

Miss Anything? walking normal, Brian said my waddle was cute, hmmm
Movement: lower stomach, now it makes sense what that pain was...she think she's on a trampoline pushing her feet down...definitely Brian's child! 
Cravings: too much heartburn to really crave anything, Tums have recently been my savior
Anything making you queasy or sick: eating too much
Have you started to show yet: just a little ;)
Gender: GIRL, if not, the boy will have a lot of pink stuff
Labor Signs: Braxton hicks contractions have started
Belly Button in or out? In and looks like it will stay that way.
Wedding rings on or off? just the Claire's rings
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy  
Looking forward to:  Baby showers!  







No comments:

Post a Comment