Saturday, February 2, 2013

From his point of view...


30th Birthday in Telluride

So Jeanette wanted me to write this weeks blog entry due to her hand hurting.  We visited our friends, Phil and Stephanie along with their 5 month old daughter, Harper, in Telluride, CO.  This also was Jeanette's birthday weekend.  We went out to celebrate at one of the Top Chef contestant's restaurants.  The chef is Eliza from this season's Top Chef Seattle.  We asked the waitress about the competition because she had already been kicked off.  Apparently she doesn't cook carrots anymore because of the show.  Everything we had was pretty tasty.




I had fun snowboarding for the weekend with Phil.  The girls had fun catching up and taking care of Harper.


Maternity Pictures

Jeanette is still pregnant.

Completed childbirth class

We completed our childbirth classes.  Next up child CPR and breastfeeding class.

Fifth Disease

So a kid at Jeanette's school had Fifth Disease and that can apparently be very harmful to unborn children.  So Jeanette went to the doctor to get tested.  It took a week but we finally got the results and Jeanette is immune.

Doctor visit

We went through our pre check in at the hospital and also went to the doctor.  The baby is on track growth wise.  Jeanette's hand is still asleep all the time.  The doctor was concerned about it, so Jeanette will be getting a steroid shot to relieve the numbness in right hand.  The doctor suggested that if we don't get it fixed now, it may not wake up after giving birth.  We all agreed that would be bad.

Glider Chair

We finally got the glider chair we ordered 2-3 months ago for the baby's room to make late night feedings better.  We were a little anxious about the cream color with chocolate piping but once we pulled it out of the box we were relieved and overall pleased with how it turned out.

Baby Shower

Jeanette included this picture.  I have no idea who is throwing this shower.  I don't even know where this invitation is.  This picture is the first I've seen of it.  I hope we get a car seat!  We still need one.


How far along? 34 weeks

Maternity Clothes? Yes and Jeanette also bought "maternity shoes" 

Stretch Marks? A litte on her hips.  I don't have any though.
Sleep: I'm maxing out in preparation of not getting any sleep for 18 years
Best Moment this Week: Dinner with the Kiefs in Telluride
Miss Anything? Wakeboarding in Texas
Movement: My back actually hurts.  Jeanette laughs and thinks it's sympathy pain but I think I pulled something from working out last Monday.  
Cravings: I love me some BBQ
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Have you started to show yet: Only after I eat a big meal.
Gender:  I am male.  My daughter is female.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? I have an innie.
Wedding rings on or off? My wedding ring is on along with my Aggie ring.  Whoop!
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm pretty happy all the time
Looking forward to: When the kiddo will be able to talk and walk.  I have no idea what to do with a newborn.  I think I'll enjoy ages 3-10 and then 18 and on.



No comments:

Post a Comment