Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's official...

We're moving to Colorado!!! Brian got the news that we were officially moving to Denver. Where are you going to live? What are you going to do with your house? What's am I going to do about my job? All excellent questions.

The first step was to tell our families and close friends, check!Brian got sit back and relax at his job with his adrenaline running. Excited about leaving the cubicle world, headset, and giant monitors.

We had about 3 weeks to get ready for the move. We decided it
would be best if Brian went ahead first and got things figured out with the new transition while I stayed behind in Dallas. It's a lot to do in such a short amount of time. Honestly, I am not ready to leave in the middle of the school year. I really like my kids this year. The parents are so involved and are so happy that I'm their child's teacher! Apparently, they heard good things from other parents. In the world of teaching bilingual, you don't hear too much about this, in comparison to the monolingual. It made me feel good as a teacher and didn't want to disappoint my parents and kids that I was leaving. I also didn't want to leave my some of my teammates this year, just doesn't feel right. So as of right now, I 'm staying the whole school year. So it's time to focus on the move for Brian.

First thing first, PAAARTY!! We had two going away parties from Brian. We had a blast the last two weekends Brian was in town. We went to play Top Golf. If you have never played Top Golf, it's definitely a must! I don't even play golf and I always have a blast. Who can complain when you get to hit balls & have delicious drinks and food :) The next week we took it easy and hung out at our house while we watched as many football games as possible. Another success for my famous bacon wrapped hotdogs!! Oh and apparently 2 dozen cupcakes was not enough!! We really do have some amazing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment