Monday, September 27, 2010

Good Times

Things were going well for us in Dallas. Brian was getting promoted in his job. They were lateral movements, but none the less they were recognizing his skills! No, not his nunchuk skills, his talking to people skills...very close though. I too was doing well at my job. By my third year of teaching, I was team leader, one of the youngest TL’s in the district. I loved all the kids I worked with, even the those specials friends that drove me nuts sometimes. I was always so proud about the fact that I loved my job so much!
The only down fall was that some of our family and friends were still in SA town. We really missed them, but when we did go to San Antonio, we were always very busy and had a great time!

While we were in Dallas, we meet some great lifelong friends. We became even clo
ser to our college friends. We were like a family. Even my brother, Jorge, became part of our “family.” I wouldn’t say it’s wrong that my 10 year old nephew enjoys playing flip cup and beer pong (he plays with Spritie of course). My nephews are going to be champs in college!!
Soon, we decided to add another member to the family, our puppy dog. There we were going to Walmart for groceries and we came home with a 6 week old puppy. Seriously, the cutest thing you have ever seen! We learned a lot what kind of parents we would be with our kids. I am realizing that I am going to be an over protective parent, while Brian will be telling me to back off. A good balance, I think :)

We had some good times...






No comments:

Post a Comment